Product Manager, ETL Software
March 2017 - present
- Defined requirements, negotiated with partners, and collaborated with the engineering team to deliver a public API used to embed the Stitch product
- Implemented painted door tests and conducted in-person customer interviews targeted at enterprise prospects to identify and advocate for new product development areas
- Used opportunity assessments to evaluate and prioritize product work based on the defined problem and estimated value and effort of the solution
Technical Support Manager, ETL Software
April 2016 - March 2017
- Analyze trends and patterns across service request data to inform product development initiatives
- Implemented product feedback channels visible company-wide through which customer feedback is aggregated and analyzed
- Designed defect management system with global prioritization criteria to address recurring product issues
- Reduced the number of active support issues by 75%
- Cut bug resolution time by 30%
- Developed defect reporting model (Trello) and dashboard to monitor performance
- Develop system reporting and technical tools to assist support agents in resolving requests
- Model support metrics and manage support SLAs
- Designed and implement support processes and operational policies
- Lead a team of 25 support agents with mixed skill sets (including software engineers, product managers, and office admins) in responding to and resolving technical support requests
Acquired by Magento Commerce
Analyst, Full stack BI platform
March 2015 - April 2016
- Worked across relational and NoSQL databases and SaaS tools to transform data into meaningful insights for clients
- Developed internal reporting for a variety of departments, including product, executive, finance, marketing, and purchasing
- Worked directly with clients from SaaS, Subscription Box, and traditional eCommerce industries to identify and define key business metrics
- Collaborated with the sales team to implement communication and reporting-based strategies to increase conversion
Research Analyst, Aviation Economic Consulting Firm
July 2014 - March 2015
My impetus for moving to Philadelphia. I accepted a Research Analyst position at this aviation consulting firm despite being a self-proclaimed aviophobe.
- Economic analysis and data viz for private and public contracts.
- Played with lots of data, most unforgettably a dataset with every airplane crash in the world for the past 20 years.
- Learned to cope with Excel repeatedly failing.
- Spearheaded initial implementation of the GRA blog.
Economics and German Studies
2010 - 2014
Moved from a town of 4,411 people in Missouri to study Economics and German Studies at a (very) liberal arts college outside of Boston. Whatever you expect happened definitely happened. Here are the highlights:
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Economics and Business Administration
2012 - 2013
Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg, DE
Standard study abroad experience complete with obligatory blog. The view never gets old.
International Marketing Intern, Bathroom Fixture Company
May 2012 - August 2012
Schiltach, Baden-Württemberg, DE
Having never been outside of the country before, I decided it would be a good idea to move alone to a remote part of Germany with a torn ACL and two 50lb suitcases for an internship. This was definitely an incredible personal development experience for me and likely a sub-par intern experience for Hansgrohe.
- Worked as an international marketing intern, communicating with and supporting subsidiary companies.
- Learned a little (too much) Schwäbisch and a bunch of bathroom / shower-related German words.
- Spent a day in Showerworld.
- Developed an unhealthy love for Massaud's designs.